Monday, October 14, 2013

Currently: October Edition

Current Books: The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin. Follow the link to be directed to her blog. We like blogs, right? Obv!



Current Music: Royal Wood. He's actually beyond talented and after shazaming one of his songs while in Fogo, I was instantly hooked. Fun Fact: He's actually married to the songwriter and singer, Sarah Slean (Canadian). I loved Sarah Slean when I was younger.
Another Fact: I totally only just found that out when I googled him to find his link. Cool all the same.

[image source]


5-Favs you MUST youtube: I want your love, On top of your love, Fire did go, I'm so glad

Also loving:
Flapper Girl - Lumineers
Tennis Court - Lorde
Bravado - Lorde
Love Club - Lorde

Current Guilty Pleasure: Cashews. Omg. Cashews.

..and

The new song by Kesha & Pitbull, Timber. Like, goosebumps on arms, singing in car, dancing in seat every time I hear it! Makes me happy (and I'm honestly not a Pitbull fan)

Current Nail Color: Nada! Going au natural lately. Loves it!

Current Drink: Coffee always! Obv!

Current Food: The same breakfast I've eaten for the past few weeks now



Current Favourite Show: I still don't watch tv so I'm leaving this blank. I AM catching up on seasons when Christmas holidays roll around though.

Current Wish List:
  • Hmm I wish I didn't always feel guilty on days I didn't exercise (O wait, I got over that last week)
  • That everyone would stop ragging on Miley Cyrus. I think she's amazingly talented. She's hot as hell, too
  • I wish I could eat trail mix for every meal. And sushi.
  • I wish I had a new pair of Lulu running leggings (Ok, you convinced me)
  • I wish I had some new car music
  • I wish I was my body was photo shoot material. Like right now!
  • I wish I was sponsered by a food and fitness brand .. so I didn't have to buy food and workout clothes (like CNC)

Current Needs: An oil change, a facial, a massage, an iPod update, trailmix, to get some blood work to ensure I'm as healthy as I feel,
*Honestly, I don't really need anything (minus the oil change) but I would like all of the above*

Current Triumphs: #11 on my 25 While 25 List is to do 10 push-ups. Well last week, I gave it an attempt (I never even try as I know I am hopeless but Karla said I should give it a go) And then, I punched out 5 push-ups.

Current Bane of my Existance: Trying to find the ideal sleep/work/exercise balance. My time managaement has improved a tremendous amount in the last month but I'm still trying to get more sleep in there.

Current Celebrity Crush: Ahh obviously you know this if you've read this post.


[image source]


[image source]

 Sweet mother of god ..


[image source]

Need I say more?

Current Indulgence: Lara bars. Man, they're killer. I bought some at Costco last week and have a few kept in the car for pre-gym fuel.

The box comes with Banana Bread Nut and Almond flavoured bars. Banana = love.
Banana Bread[no image]

Main Ingredients
DatesAlmondsUnsweetened Bananas

[image source]



Look at all the flavors!! Yumm
[image source]

 Current Blessing: Although I feel blessed for my family, friends, education, job, lifestyle, yadda yadda .. lately, I've been feeling blessed for such an active group of friends! We actually talk so much of health, fitness, weight etc. yet still can indulge / binge / drink / have a Friendsgiving :) They're SO amazing. Like SO SO amazing!

Current Slang: "Not ok"

Current Outfit:


Current Excitement: Hmm .. Halifax on Thursday (Lulu Lemon, Starbucks, TIFFANY & STEPHEN) Yayy.

Also, I'm actually super excited to make this week a really good week for workouts! I recently mentioned that I took a few days off so I'm definitely going to challenge myself out of my comfort zone this time around (I did have an awesome weekend of workouts though).

Current Mood: Excited! Excited to have a productive week! AND, I'm excited to see how my new little exercise card trick works (post to follow with this one)

Current Link: Carrots 'N' Cake <-- My second favorite blog


And tis it! Happy Monday, Friends! What's current with you this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment