Friday, September 20, 2013

25 While 25

I recently stumbled upon my 30 Before 30 list that I had kicking in my little black book. My black book is pretty much my best friend. I mean, I write everything down in this sucker and if someone were to find it and graze through random pages .. I'd certainly be judged and given strange looks.

My 'To Do' book of lists is my 'must have' because I have the memory of a goldfish so documenting everything is key. I have my 'week ending lists' which look like 'WE-21-SEP-13' (I think I adopted this from work deadlines), my 30 Before 30, The Bucket List (Not the actual bucket list, but additives since it is never-ending), 2013 New Years Resolutions and the list goes on (no pun intended).


Anyways, I recently starting reading a blog where a lady had a 33 While 33 list. She's currently in her thirty-third year and is working on crossing some lines off. She also had a 32 While 32 list. How interesting, hey? I know you list-lovers like myself will appreciate this type of thing so I decided to do the same.I took attainable goals and challenges from all of my lists and made my 25 While 25.

I intend on taking this quite seriously and seeing how I'm only one-third of the way through my twenty-fifth year of life, I still get eight months to go tick tick .. check check .. and you can follow and perhaps create your own?

I think setting goals is key to completely everything and anything. I think that writing it down always helps, as well. I'd like to see you compile a list of goals and see where you stand in a year. See if you nod your head and say "why o why did I care enough to write that down?". I know that I've re-read things on my Bucket List and have said "what was running through my head to think that was worthy?". Though we change our minds and add or remove goals for ourselves, it's somewhat cool to think that at one point in time, that bullet point meant a lot to us. We wanted to do that. We wanted to cross that off.

So, with much debate for the last 2 weeks, my list is as follows:

25 While 25

  1. Volunteer at a race
  2. Learn to knit (and make my own dish clothes)
  3. Watch the sunset while drinking Starbucks on Signal Hill
  4. Receive my Personal Training Certification
  5. Receive my Professional Engineering Technologist Certification
  6. Buy a piece of property (a house or a piece of land)
  7. Run a 10-k
  8. Go on a trip
  9. Plan & host an occasion dinner or dinner party (Christmas, Easter etc)
  10. Read 5 books
  11. Do 10 push-ups 
  12. Have a spa day 
  13. Take a pottery-making class
  14. Attend a cooking class 
  15. Teach a class
  16. Go to a movie by myself 
  17. Help a stranger 
  18. Make sushi 
  19. Kiss someone in the pouring down rain
  20. Make the necessary arrangements to be an organ donor
  21. Bring a meal to a homeless person
  22. Spend a night in a bed and breakfast
  23. Pay off a vehicle 
  24. Brew my own wine and stock my own wine rack
  25. See 155 on the scale


If I had of made this list earlier in the year, I'm sure I would have added others. I definitely would have had run another Tely 10 because I added '3 more Tely 10s' to my Bucket List in 2012. For now, I think I choose some challenging yet practical goals for my 25 While 25 list. I pretty much took them from my other lists and narrowed it down to the goals I'd really like to complete within the next year.

Do you make lists? 
Do you have a set of goals you'd like to complete within the next year?

Leave a comment below or email me at minusthirtythreeplease@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment