Wednesday, November 6, 2013

'Try Something New' Tuesday

Obviously the title is self-explanatory, hey?

I've decided from here on out I will buy/try a new food for a short post on Tuesdays (though this week it will be posted on a Wednesday).

I'm trying to continue clean-eating but my biggest fear is a deprivation binge.

If you read my blog, you probably know that I don't deprive myself of that much. Yes, I've cut out chips, chocolate, candy, and all that jazz but I'm still human, and I still do have that occasional treat. I.e. drinking followed by downtown this past Saturday night (11-beer, 1430-calories later ... quite the treat in my opinion) but in order to ensure I don't go over the top with a random sugar craving then binge, I've decided to start switching up my diet to keep things fun.


Try Something New #1
Organic Pumpkin Seed Butter
 
 


Well c'mon now, I absolutely love my nut butters so this will most definitely become another additive to my diet. I was extremely apprehensive about trying this due to the color (childish, right?) and had it sitting in my baking cupboard for a while. Karla said it was really good with crackers so I decided to go with an apple (which I generally pair nut butters up with).




Ugly?



Anyways, overall I loved the pumpkin seed butter and would highly recommend the spread for anyone who likes peanut butters, almond butters, sunbutters .. nut butters in general. It has a similar taste to almond butter with a hint of salt (thought there are 0mg of salt in the spread). You can find it at Dominion in the Natural Value section for $5.99.

Nutrition




Try Something New #2
Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette



I bought this when I was in Halifax last month (one of many) at Liquid Gold. I'm a huge fan of dates so I was super pumped to try the Fig flavour to spice up my salad. The Maple balsamic lasted about a week (please note that these are tiny bottles) so I'm slowly trying the rest of the balsamics. Not gonna lie, I'm so happy that I love my salads. New salad vinegars give me something to look forward to.




I absolutely love love loved the fig! It has that balsamic bitter taste but with a sweetness to it. I think this will remain on my weekly eats list until the bottle is empty. Holy yum ! This can be found at Liquid Gold in Halifax for $4.00/bottle. I bought it in a starter kit.

Shh..but there are talks of a Liquid Gold coming to St.John's.

So there it is. Two awesome eats for my Tuesday! Now, go try some nut butter and a new kind of balsamic. I promise it'll be worth your while!

*Note: I'm fully aware that the pictures I post here aren't of the greatest quality. It's generally a quick iPhone snap. However, I am looking into making a change to this soon :)


Questions
1. What's something new you've tried lately?
2. What are some foods I could add to my 'try something new'
3. Are you a fan of nut butters and balsamics?
4. What's your favourite salad dressing?

No comments:

Post a Comment