Friday, November 29, 2013

Can you overdose on Sushi?

So is anyone else as pumped as I am that there is a now a Sun Sushi on Stavanger Drive? Not sure if this is a good thing or a very bad thing. If you know me, you know that I could probably eat sushi for breakfast, lunch and supper. It's definitely definitely definitely in my top 5 fav foods. For god sakes, my 25 while 25 says 'make your own sushi' and I have a sushi-making book.

Anyhow, Rob has pretty much pushing me to my limits at the gym lately and after finishing the shoot, I decided it was time for a hangout that involved delicious food, rather than dumbbells ..  which means .. sushi :)


The evening started with a spicy salmon roll, my favourite! I was there a little earlier than Rob and was super hungry so I made a quick order and had already decided that if it came out before he arrived, that I'd eat it all and hide the contents have the sushi graciously waiting and tell him I wanted to make sure there was an appetizer when he arrived (cause I'm the sweetest)



The salmon rolls lasted no time and then it was time for some selections .. which was a lot harder than we both thought.


Whenever I go to a sushi restaurant, it's pretty much known that I'm gonna eat my face off and have zero discipline with limiting my order.

We skimmed through the appetizer list (though I'm pretty sure the spicy salmon rolls should have counted as an appetizer) and choose the edamame and asparagus ohitatshi. The waitress stood to take our order and said "the gyoza is awesome and I've never had the sushi pizza but I heard it's great" and then our primary pick was out the window.

Appetizer 1 - Age Gyoza 




Appetizer 2 - Sushi Pizza - Salmon Top





Both appetizers were delicious but the sushi pizza was unreal! It had raw salmon, a tempura sauce, green onion, sesame seeds and a deep fried rice patty (oops) <-- which held the consistency of a chicken burger. Holy yum!!

I pretty much wanted a taste of everything so we went with the 20pcs sushi with spicy tuna rolls (I was hoping for a lot more than 6 rolls). This consisted of salmon, white fish, tuna, artificial crab, eel and tuna rolls.. The tuna rolls were my absolute fav!




Quite potentially the worst picture I've posted to date. I look cross-eyed and like a food-monster! That aside, this is an 'out of comfort zone try something new' picture .. where I went with the eel.




After we were finished, the waitress cleared the table and said she couldn't believe that we had eaten all of that food. She seemed impressed but I'm sure she hid her disgust well.

When she returned with the bill, she dropped off a fresh plate of fried sweet potato which was compliments of her. More than likely, it was a sick joke and the kitchen staff were probably getting laughs out of the fatties at table 10.




And though I did eat 3 pieces of the sweet potato, Mr. Man here finished the plate!



Bon appetite and Happy Friday! Excuse me while I go throw up!!

... kidding :)

O, and shneaky little me-izzle took this for the road .. cause you never know when you're gonna need some emergency sushi, right?



Questions
1. What's your favourite sushi restaurant?
2. What's the most sushi you've ever eaten?

No comments:

Post a Comment