Thursday, October 24, 2013

WIAW,Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes & The Outfitters Competition


[source]

So I've obviously been on quite a pancake kick lately. I've been trying new recipes (all relatively similar) and I even bought a new protein powder (I usually stick with NutriWhey Vanilla but when with chocolate peanutbutter). My Wednesday morning started with a chocolate peanut butter pancake. Ahh d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! I'm definitely gonna give Karla a scoop tomorrow cause I feel selfish keeping the recipe to myself. It's just that good.

Breakfast


Chocolate peanut butter pancake w. all-natural peanut butter and my usual XL Tim Horton's black coffee.

Mid-morning Snack 



My first snack (could have eaten a horse I was so hungry), was a 1/2-cup of plain greek yogurt, 1T of unsweetened coconut, 12 raspberries (yes, I counted them), 10 raw almonds and a small handful of cashews. O-m-g this was way too much! I was so full and counldn't finish it all.

Lunch



I've been on a huge salad kick this week with my incredible Liquid Gold salad dressings. Today I had the same as yesterday and used the maple vinegarette. I just can't get enough. It makes your salad taste like it's a treat (kinda. slightly. maybe)

In the Mix
Iceberg lettuce, 3-oz of chicken breast, 6 baby tomatoes, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 red delicious apple, 1/4 avocado, 1 heaping tablespoon of maple vinegarette. This salad was SO filling. Yum!

Mid-Afternoon Snack


I didn't need this pear but I had the worst craving for something sweet. Either way, it was delicious! (i.heart.costco)

Afternoon Snack #2


I got super hungry around 3:30 (again) and decided to eat some sauteed vegetables with the other half of the apple I had put in my salad. I think I was dehydrated because I only had a few bites of the apple and I just picked out the cauliflower from the vegetable mix.

Car Ride Snack


Around 6, I picked at some celery with all natural-peanut butter (probably ate too much ANPB today) as we chatted and drove home.



And then when I got to my car almost an hour later, my stomach dropped with hunger so I had 3 pieces of this bar. 260-calories for a whole bar but I only eat 3 squares at a time (that's about 1/5 I believe). I was at Sears on Tuesday and I had the worst hunger pains but couldn't find anything aside from this in the store (not tastey at all. 99% cocoa .. yuck)

Pre-gym


I had nothing cooked when I got home and I had so many errands to run so I needed something quick and easy. I went with a half a scoop of protein powder with water.

Post-gym




I'm never that hungry after the gym so when I finished my workout, I skipped eating and headed to Pouch Cove. I had to stop into David's house to get some spices and when I arrived .. again, I got the stomach-drop feeling and had to steal a banana. Worst.feeling.ever.

So that's the dirty deets from my Wednesday. You probably have your mouth wide with how much food I consume, hey?  I workout .. it makes my appetite CRAZY! I love it.




Recipe from my pancake above:
 
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pancakes


 
 
Prep Time: 1-time
Cook Time: 2-minutes
Servings: 1-2
 
Ingredients
 
1 scoop of chocolate peanut butter protein powder
1 cup of simply egg whites (I add more to make it moist)
1T of ground flax
1T of chia seeds (optional)
1T vanilla extract (optional)
1T of coconut oil (greasing the pan)

 

Combine all wet and dry ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly
 
 
Grease frying pan with 1T of coconut oil (don't be scabby). You want this for flavour. 
 
Pour contents into pan and cook like a regular pancake.
 
 
 
Voila! Bon appetite :)
 
 
*Toppings: greek yogurt, maple syrup, almond butter, all-natural peanut butter, honey, shredded coconut
 
**These pancakes do not require baking powder as they rise high enough                                           
 
 
The Outfitters Bog Comp
 
 
On a side note, the Outfitters is having a bogs competition for the cutest kids sporting their bog boots! Papa bear (my red-haired chauffeur to work) has the most active son, Zack! Chris takes Zack hiking, trail running and on adventures nightly (wearing their bogs of course). He submitted this picture for the Bog competition.
 
 
Isn't he the cutest?
 
My little blog bog friends, please take a moment to visit here and vote for Zack! All you have to do is click 'Vote' and write an email. No filling out of forms or other info .. yadda yadda.
 
Thanks, friends!
 
Happy, happy days, friends!
Questions:
What did you eat Wednesday?
Do you ever wait so long before eating that you get that stomach-dropping feeling?
Have you ever shopped at the Outfitters?
Do you have a pair of bogs?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment