Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Currently in September

I got the idea for this post off another blog that I follow. I was recently told from a reader that the blog posts they enjoy the most are the 'randomness' ones. So what could be better than a list/survey? Sure ya knows how much I like to flaunt my self-absorbtion .. but you'd do it on your blog too, right? Right.

Current Books

Ha, hate that this was the first question. Yes, I'm still reading Wheat Belly. I find it hard getting downtime to read so I try to get a chapter in here and there when I can. I'm one sitting away from finishing so s'all good. I'm actually hoping to write a post with an overview of the book. I'm sure some of you won't be interested in the down and dirty facts of wheat, but I think it could make for one interesting post!


Current Music

Uh-ohh .. I'm getting back into the old school metal tunes again, I think. On the drive to Gros Morne, we listened to Indestructable and The Lost Children inside out. I'm talking hours on end. Driving to the West Coast and driving back from the West Coast. It was pretty enjoyable to venture with someone with the same taste in music as myself so I took full advantage!


[ image source ]

[ image source ]

Also, I still can't get sick of Florence and the Machine! They're my go-to for every kinda mood :)
 

Isn't she hot as hell? Hellooo
[ image source ]

Current Guilty Pleasure

Almond Butter and/or Cashew Butter. Ok, so I eat 1-tbsp of almond or cashew butter on my breakfast waffles/muffins/pancakes but it is SO difficult to keep the moderation in check. I actually look at it as my piggy-struggle. I just wanna sit at my desk and go head and eyes into the jar.


Bulk Barn cashew butter = expensive
MaraNath almond butter from Costco = $6.97 (or very close)

Current Nail Color

Hot Pink by Zoya. I got this at the Hair Connection on Saturday when Tiffany and I got our pedicures. Love-love-love when you get a pedicure or manicure and they give you the nail polish for touch-ups.


Note: Newly painted and smudged all over my skin
Also, Zoya polish is sold at the Hair Connection for $9.50

Current Drink

I am so obsessed with the Zero Ultra Monster energy drink. I've mentioned it a few times before and I still cannot get enough of it. I'm aware that energy drinks aren't the healthiest but I can pretty much say that I'm addicted to these ol' bad boys! umm hmmm




Current Food

I'm sure if I was not restricted to particular foods that I'd have something different for this one, but as of lately, grinded oatmeal + 1/3-cup of egg whites + 1 whole egg + 1/2-cup of blueberries + vanilla extract + cinnamon + cashew butter = deliciousness waffles and/or pancakes
Yummy waffles


Delightful pancakes topped with blueberries

Current Favorite Show

I wouldn't be able to tell you the last time I sat and watched a television show to be quite honest. Months a go I was a religious Dexter and Sons of Anarchy water but I'm a season behind on Dexter and two on SOA (uh oh). Anyhow, if I had to pick, both shows would take the cake for this one!


[ image source ]
 
My boys <3
[ image source ]

Current Wish List
  • that I had time to blog more
  • that I owned a small fitness studio
  • that there was 34-hrs instead of 24-hrs in a day
  • that I had worked from the St. John's office rather than Long Harbour
  • that I owned an off-white 2013 Accord with brown leather interior
  • that I could do a chin-up
  • that I had a week off of work / workouts so I could just relax and enjoy pumpkin spice lattes and wear my hair in a bun 
List stops there. I sould like a Debbie-downer (but I'm truly not) :)

Current Needs
  • a hair cut
  • a manicure (as seen above, I paint more of my skin than my actual nails)
  • groceries
  • a maid
  • a stomach like this:


or this... ya ... most definitely that ...



  • a two night get-a-way to relax and be stress free (what-up-Fogo)



Current Triumphs

Hiking Gros Morne Mountain (Shut the F up about Gros Morne, Victoria!! <-- as I'm sure that's what you're thinking as you roll those rude little eyes at me) is definitely on my list .. but as I sit and think of my latest triumph, it has to be that I've started noticing changes in my body from NLABBA training. That I've dedicated my time and energy and will not stop until I'm satisfied. That I said I'm doing it and I'm doing it.

Seeing a change in my body is slow going,  and there are a number of reasons why I should not post this picture but who cares, right? Perhaps I'll have something better in a few weeks.




Current bane of my existence

Leg workouts are the bane of my existance. I cringe with the thought.


..but we DO like deadlifts :)

Current Celebrity Crush

Pff, hands down it's Jennifer Carpentor. Pretty sure I think about her on a weekly basis. I was introduced to her in Dexter a few years back and was instantly hooked on her character. I find her sexy as hell and pretty sure I tell myself at work that I'm a Deborah Morgan. Ha, I used to say to a guy I'm hung out with "if I was a character in Dexter, who would I be?" on a weekly basis. Not kidding. And he'd say "Deborah." And then I'd say "I know." And then I'd smile. hah hashtag-get-a-life

[ image source ]
 
[ image source ]


[ image source ]


[ image source ]


[ image source ]

Current Indulgence

I cannot be in the presence of cashews without taking a massive handful. Moderation does not exist and I am not exaggerating. I'm obsessed with the nut and sometimes I turn a blind eye to it when I go to the Bulk Barn. I've turned into one of those shoppers who walks into the Bulk Bark starving, leaves with 2 suppers under her belt (pun). This is not ok.




Unsweetened coconut is my new thing! I love baking with it and could add it to everything if I was allowed. It makes everything taste better and satisifies sugar cravings beyond belief. It's super cheap and I always have a baggy full in my cupboard. A month a go I was on a big strawberry + unsweetened raisins + cashews + unsweetened coconut kick! Dare ya to try it .. Twenty bones says you'll love it :)





Can't say I'm on a Clif kick right now but I have such a weakness for these bars. I would substitute a good ol' Clif in for a steak or big meal any day. They are delicious, have a deadly texture and do not exceed 280-calories/bar (well atleast the ones I've tried). The only downfall is the sugar content.

My 2 Favs - Oatmeal Raisin Walnut & Cool Mint Chocolate


Look at all the delicious flavors there are. I might make it my mission to try all of these during the Christmas season! Yum yum yum! Maple Nut? Peanut Toffee Buzz? White Chocolate? Banana Nut Bread? HELL YESSSSS!!!

get in me, get in me, get in mehhhhh


Current Blessing

My health. It's cliche, I know. But without your health, you don't have much. I have friends and family who struggle with diabetes, cystic fibrosis, bipolar, cancer and the list goes on.

I think we tend to forget how lucky we are to have a clean bill of health (some of us anyway). I take advantage of my own through smoking dirty cigarettes and binge drinking and it's something I could definitely improve.

When we wake up pissy and get rattled that it's a Monday, we should be grateful that we actually woke up. When we dread that awful run at 10-am, we should be grateful that we have our mobility and can run. The list truly goes on. Sometimes we just need to take a moment and be grateful.

Current Slang

"go on bah"
"sure ya knows bah"

I am going through this little phase where I add 'bah' to everything. I commonly use these phrases at work but they've slithered their way into my social life. I think I adopted the word from the 'bahs' at work. Worst kind.

Current Outfit

Lulu hoodie, Paradox leggins (lazy-miss-daisy) and steel-toes! Yee hoo ;)

..face on it like a boot..
(rushing cause it's my break at work)

Current Excitement

I'm excited that Wednesday night is going to be a non-workout night where I can cook, clean and not stress this ol' bod. Perhaps I shall drink tea, blog and wear slippers :)

Current Mood

Happy happy happy :) Positive energy is presperating from me today and I can't say that I have one sprecific reason as to why.


[ image source ]



So there you have it, friends!
 
How is September for you all? Excited for anything in particular? Staying positive?
 
If you have any questions, advice, suggestions or comments, send a line to minusthirtythreeplease@gmail.com  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post!

    I ALSO want that Accord. No joke! I drool over the sight of it, haha!
    Also, obsessed with Dexter and Jennifer (Deb) lately and Clif bars are my WEAKNESS.

    P.S. You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete