Sunday, September 1, 2013

15 Minute Blueberry Protein Cookies - Alternate Recipe


I love protein powder. Love love love.  I could eat protein shakes for every meal and feel satisfied! I've been drinking the vanilla flavour for some time now and I am still not sick of the stuff.

Anyhow, I understand a lot of people do NOT enjoy powders. It seems to be more dominant in females actually. If I subtracted the protein powder from my blueberrie cookies, I would not have a base so I will definitely be sticking to my two scoops. For anyone who doesn't like that dominant taste of powder but still would like to get their protein kick, this modified recipe may be for you.

Ingredients
1/2 cup of whole wheat oatmeal
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (rather than 2)
Handful of slivered almonds (Bulk Barn, Sobey's, Dominion, Wal-Mart)
1 cup of almond flour OR coconut flour (basically grinded almonds and coconut. Bulk Barn)
2/3 cup of egg whites
1 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Same as the original directions.
Mix all dry ingredients and then add in wet ingredients and blueberries.

Voila! Great tasting, relatively high in protein and makes for a delicious snack! I made a batch of these 4am this morning when again, I was awake getting excited for Gros Mourne. My adventuring partner isn't on a strick diet like myself so I figured he'd like a higher-calorie and better textured cookie. This recipe is chewier and thicker but still has that protein kick you require!

Note: almond flour and coconut flour are NOT the same as regular wheat flour.





Now, go exercise and bake cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment