Wednesday, August 28, 2013

No Bake Protein Bars

Do you like eat more bars? or eat more squares that your mom makes at Christmas? Well I swear to god that these taste like 80% similar to those (wow .. weird sentence). They're actually delicious though. I can't actually eat too many of them cause they don't fit into my diet but I was in a real baking mood last weekend and wanted to make something high-energy and packed in protein since I had all the ingredients. I found this recipe online from Candace Critch (Protein Princess) and did a little tweaking of my own.



 Ingredients

  • 3 cups of rolled oats
  • 4 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1/4 cup of all natural cocoa 
  • 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
  • 1T of hemp hearts
  • 1T of ground flax 
  • 1T of chia seeds
  • 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup of all natural peanut butter 
  • 1 cup of water 



Directions

1. In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix.

2. Add peanut butter to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.

3. 1/4 cup by 1/4 cup, add water and mix around until mixture is sticky.

Note: I added the peanut butter before I had mixed the dry ingredients and it made the mixing process a lot more difficult

4. Place saran wrap or aluminium foil in a cooking pan and spread mixture out.

5. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours to set. Remove from fridge and cut into protein squares.



Sticky-icky


Spread throughout pan using a large spoon. Flatten.


Voila! :)

Verdict of squares
Well I LOVED them, Heather LOVED them, and David ate them. He didn't say he loved them .. but he definitely did ;)

I'll definitely be whipping up a batch to snack on for my weekend adventures!

Pending on the brand of ingredients, the Nutritional Value(s) are approximate:
Serving Size: 1 square (based on an 8 square dish. I cut mine into 13 to lower the calorie/square)
Calories: 185
Fat: 10
Carbs: 10
Sugar: 1 
Protein: 18g

When I am finished with my training, I will definitely be whipping up a match of these squares and eating the whole dish (along with a BAG of trail mix) :) ummm umm! 

Enjoy, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment