Monday, August 19, 2013

NLABBA Training Week #2

Guess what? Week numero deux is donezooo and I feel g-r-e-a-t! I had a few late nights last week so instead of working out Monday/Tuesday then Thursday/Friday (rest days in between), I spread my four strength training workouts to Monday/Wednesday and Friday/Saturday. Bad, I know. I feel like they made the schedule the way they did for a reason. And I probably shouldn't be manipulating it to suit my hyper evening fu*ked up sleeping patterns. I'm truly gonna try and work on that next week.

Do I feel different?

Yes.


I Still have a belly but I think it's slowly improving. Probably not the greatest picture and yes, my leggings are far too high.


I can see a change in my stomach in the above. I have SO much work to do. 13-weeks of work to do actually. BUT, I think if I continue on the road that I'm on, then the definition will become very noticeable. I myself, can see a small change in my stomach definition in this picture.


Do you see that muscle starting to form? Do you? Do you? Ya .. me neither .. BUT maybe it's the angle? It might not look large but it's definitely tighter and I am undergoing quite a strength improvement. High-five!


I have a friend who I continuously send pictures to when I'm having a 'good' workout day. I say "HEY! I benched 70-lbs, I rock!". He says "HEY! I benched 330-lbs. I suck!" Ya.. ok..

Anyway, he said he can see my shoulders starting to pop! Did you hear that!? A 'shoooulder pop'. Sounds cool. 

I know, I know.. These pictures probably mean nothing to you and again, I didn't get the glory of waking up after week #2 and become model skinny.. but .. I can slowly see my body improving.

I continue to have mixed emotions on all of this and one minute I'm very "Omg, I got this" and the next I'm "O fu*k, I ain't got this". But I'm keeping a library of progress pictures and will continue to compare from week to week.

Courtney and I met with Jon on Tuesday evening and he told us that he could really notice a difference in our shoulders since the last time we had met with him (It had been 10 days) so we're taking that as a good sign. :)

Week #2 Workouts 

Monday - Arms and a 10-pm Pouch Cove run. I didn't clock my run because I actually was running all over the place! I was high on life and at one point started sprinting the hill by the post office., running up and down and up and down. I was a little giddy cause A. I had met Sam and Allan at Starbucks and polished off two vent black coffees at 8:45 in the night and B. I was pumped to watch the meteor shower.

Tuesday - Courtney and I met with Jon and went over some exercises. We had to work on our form and make sure we understood the training lingo (easier said than done). We had youtubed everything but ended up finding out that there were a few exercises we were performing incorrectly.

I had been up after 1-am the night before so I ended up leaving Global and heading to bed.

Wednesday - Legs at the gym with Megan Martin, my friend from work :)

Thursday - I stayed up past 3-am Wednesday night and actually died on Thursday! I drove home from work, lay down and woke up at 2-am with my bed covered in dry mud (that was caked onto my jeans). Ya .. no workout

Friday - Chest and Shoulders at the gym with Miss Megan again!

Saturday - Back and Traps, a small side core workout and then finished with taking Lillian Margaret on a 4-km walk to the top of the pinch and back.

Did you know that I'm a re-born dog person?

Sunday - Signal Hill in 30:57, some rock climbing, an East Coast Trail hike (2 Sundays in a row - score!)


WAY too many tourists out for a Sunday! And I HATE when
you jog and they won't get out of your way! This time will
see improvement sooner than later.


Isn't this magnificent? <3


Prepping for next Saturday 


Young fella there passing through Narnia


Opinions

So I've gotten mixed feedback on thoughts of my enrolment in the NLABBA. I love when people have something positive to say but hate when I get the "jesus, girl! Eatin' rabbit food I spose, are ya"? Like really, guys .. it's not easy eating the same thing at approximately the same time each day but you can manipulate your meals a little and make little recipes to switch it up.

No, I can't eat bread but yes, I can eat quinoa. No, I don't eat fruit salad all day long but yes, I do get to eat bananas, apples and mixed berries. No, I can't drink pepsi and frappuchinos and tall glasses of milk but yes, I can drink teas, coffee, diet pop, sugar-free energy drinks etc. My liquid diet has always consisted of water, black coffee and Budlight anyway, so I don't find this too big of a challenge. And get this, a few days a go I was informed that I'm not completely restricted from condiments. I'm generally not one for 'sauces' anyway, but the following can be consumed on my new diet (for phase 1):
  • artificial sweeteners
  • BBQ sauce (minus Teriyaki)
  • Low-sodium broth
  • Chilli sauce
  • Crystal Light
  • Diet drinks, pop, kook-aid
  • Sugar-free gum
  • Hot sauce
  • Sugar-free jell-o
  • Ketchup
  • Fat-free mayonnaise 
  • Mio
  • Mrs Dash
  • Mustard
  • Calorie-wise or fat free salad dressings 
  • Salsa
  • Sea salts
  • Steak sauce
  • Vinegar 
Like really, what more do you want? I avoided salad dressings even before I started on this new regime. I think it's a pretty good deal here. I'm allowed to cook with extra-virgin olive oil and coconut oil. For breakfast I eat an egg, egg whites, 1/2 a banana and mixed berries. After Tuesday, I was getting sick of this breakfast. So what did I do? I made a banana paleo pancake. It has all of the same ingredients but they're mixed raw and cooked like a pancake using coconut oil. Holy YUM! Like seriously!



Another quick and easy-peasy meal

For next week, I plan on googling recipes using foods I am allowed to eat. Ways to switch it up and make it a little more exciting! If you get bored, you cheat. If you get bored, you binge. Or at least I do anyway haha Anyhow, let's hope next week, is a good week!


Things I need to work on to improve Training Week #3
  • cut back on smoking
  • sleeeeep more
  • get more of my meals in
  • continue / improve cutting back on post-8pm Starbucks runs
  • increase my cardio
  • slack back on the Monsters (found a new one I love and I was drinking them when I wasn't even hungry. I used to enjoy diet drinks but can't stomach them anymore. Monsters are my carbonated kick)

So friends, that is all! Week #3 begins! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment