Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sweet Potato Flax Crisps

So I found a recipe called Cheese Sweet Potato Crisps from CNC and have been dying to try it for some time now. I'm very limited with my dairy intake these past few months so the cheese component was kinda throwing me off a little. I knew I had to cross '#14 - bake something I've never baked before', off of my June goals list so I decided I'd take this recipe and alter it to suit myself best. Here is my recipe for Sweet Potatoe Flax Crisps:
 
 
 
Sweet Potato Flax Crisps
all ingredients can be found at Dominion (sea salt from Costco)

Ingredients
2 medium-large sweet potatoes
liquid egg whites
green onion
ground flax meal
sun-dried tomatoe seasoning
sea salt
ground black pepper

Prep Time: Approx. 15-minutes

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 325-degrees celsius
2. Chop up green onion and set aside
3. Using a cheese grater, grate the sweet potato (this is easier than it sounds)
4. Squeeze the juices out of the sweet potato but leave in  mixture
5. Add green onion (amt is optional), 3/4 cup of liquid egg whites, tsp of sun-dried tomato spices and a dash of salt/pepper to the sweet potato mixture
6. Mix up and roll in balls
7. Sprinkle flax on balls and a heat in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until crispy
8. Serve hot and enjoy! :)



 
I didn't love these when I tried one hot but I had two for lunch the next day and they were delicious! I had a taste tester also and they agreed! :)
 
 
Try & Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment