Saturday, June 8, 2013

How I ensure that I follow through

HAPPY HAPPY WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

Hope everyone is enjoying this NL weather and getting out in the sun! Holy heat, eh? I am loving it! Minus the fact that I'm working today and we're calling for rain tomorrow .. blah ..but whooo caresss :)

So I've been picking at this post for a few days now and decided to write on how I commit to an after-work workout. I wrote a post similar to this a few days back but wanted to make it a little more specific. I find myself quite tired in the evenings and sometimes I just wanna go home and crash. This leaves me discouraged, unmotivated and starts my week off sh*t! I’d love some feedback on tricks that YOU guys have when it comes to planning and following through on a active healthy day


THINGS I DO TO MAKE SURE MY DAY STARTS OFF & ENDS HEALTHY AND HAPPY

Prepare my protein-filled breakfast before leaving the house – I don’t eat until I get to work in the morning but I always cook a cup of egg whites as I bop around the house doing my morning duties. If I don't prepare my breakfast, it is likely that I’m starved upon my arrival to work and will grab the first thing in site. Noooo !!

I drink a LARGE glass of water as soon as I wake – I wake up at 4:15am and generally feel famished . If I drink a glass of water and let it settle, I soon realize that it isn’t hunger but rather dehydration (tales of a caffeine junkie).

XL Tim Horton’s Coffee – This is probably  laughable for most but I actually feel naked if I don’t have my morning coffee *O haiii, A*. By stopping and getting carpool coffees, I casually sip on route to work and this supresses my appetite until I can sit at my desk and get settled for the morning.
 
Fill up 2 Water Bottles – I ALWAYS fill up my Lulu water bottle and whatever other water bottle is at my disposal. I make sure they sit right in front of my computer screen so that when I’m feeling hungry or a little ‘peckish’ (which is generally me looking for an excuse to eat) that I can grab the water with little effort and remind myself that you-don’t-always-have-to-be-eating-victoria!!!!
 
Check my 2 fav blogs - 125 - Liz (Canadian) started this blog to lose weight. She blogs about her fitess goals, struggles, nutrition and her travels. It is hands down my favourite blog and I check it out everyyyyy day! Also,  CNC - Tina is fit as a fiddle! She's a cross-fit finatic and is pretty much a health guru! I'm kinda-maybe-a-little obsessed with her life! (sad).  Her body drives me to push myself into working out! Note: I should probably get my own life..



Look at my 'Exercise Calender' - By reviewing this ol' calender that sits on my desk, I am reminded that one more post-work workout gets me one more X! :)



Sweet Treat – I’m your classic “O, I eat super clean”. HA! The things I convince myself.. Le sigh .. Anyhow, I go through these spells of eating super clean (minus weekend draft beers and energy drinks ßworking on limiting that one) and I frown upon  everyone else for eating sweets and treats. Then..7 days later.. a few pounds lighter..feeling chipper.. BAM! I eat everything in sight and soon get discouraged. Like I said before, I have a major sweet tooth so if I prepare something sweet as a snack for mid-shift or post-lunch, I’m generally more inclined to save myself! (Ex. Chopped up strawberries, protein bar, almond butter/sunbutter w. an apple, homemade protein balls or trail mix).
 
Drink a Sweet Tea – Drinking a sweet tea (blueberry, pomegranate, lemon) is ideal when you want ‘something sweet’ post-meal. I drink a little too much but who’s counting/caring, right?!

Cut-My-Fruit – I can honestly say I always have some form of fruit with me at work. I generally make a large fruit salad on Sundays to prepare for my week but I always cave and eat it all within a short period of time..oops! Anyhow, by having chopped berries at hand the night before a long day, I mostly shy towards the sweetness of that treat rather than grabbing for the brownie brownies [sometimes J]
 
Pack my gym bag and ALWAYS have running sneakers in my car – I pack my bag each night and lay it next to my work book bag so that I don’t forget it in the morrning. Lately I’ve been tucking my leggings and Lulu shirt in my work bag so I can change before leaving in the evening. When I drive home in workout clothes, I’m more inclined to pass the turn-off to home and head straight to the gym or to a walking trail.

Tell Elaine I’m going to work out tonight  -  I tell Elaine (friend from the office) every morning what my plans are for the evening. I also tell her every morning what I was up to the night before. I’m sure she really does nottttt care but I look past this J *thanks Elaine*

Vary My Workouts – By switching up my workout plans, I find it easy to get excited for trying something different than the night before. When I visiualize my nightly workout, I mentally prepare allll day and actually get excited! When I follow the above (which I have been doing pretty damn good with lately), I always conclude my day with gym > bed. Signal Hill > bed. Octagon Pond > bed ... you get the drift!

*I apologize in advance for the horrendous photos below .. :)



So, what are your thoughts? Any tips to drive yourself to sweat at the days end?

No comments:

Post a Comment