Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Tuesday

 
Guess what I get to do today?
 
I get to cross 1/3 from June goal #6 & I get to subtract 4-miles from June goal #21. Ahh Score!
Proof?
 

  • most definitely not the most flattering photo as I am covered in sweat from head to tow! not kidding, I cropped this cause I looked like I was taking selfies in the shower
  • 3-miles in 28:43. I started doing a pretty lesirely jog on 6mph  but towards the last mile I varied between 7.0mph and 8mph
  • the treadmill was set for 30-minutes so I reset the time after I hit the 3-mile mark [..and used this time to hydrate .. chettah:) ]
  • Last mile I jogged on 6.0mph for the first half mile, 7.0 for the next quarter mile and 8.5mph for the last quarter mile
  • I felt sick after this run
  • I did 2-25 reps of slowwww chest extensions (24-lbs) after the treadmill
  • I did 2-25 reps of tricep dip to foreman (24-lbs)
  • I wish the calories burned were correct (ugh)
  • I died

 

  • after the gym I went to McDonald's for a tea
  • after my tea I headed to Yin Yoga on Torbay Road (1:15)
  • I wanna try different studios but I can't stop buying Shakti passes (I say it's my favourite yet I don't have anything to compare it to)
  • Shakti offers a variety of classes
  • see Here for a class schedule.  
  • just so you know
    • I'm not one of those 'granola - lets sit and talk to someone from a higher power' kinda gals
    • yoga actually soothes my mind (sounds laughable, I know)
    • for me, yoga is one of the most relaxing practices I think I've ever tried
  • the instructors speak to you in the most graceful tone and remind you of important life lessons
  • the instructors read random quotes from all sorts of books during each class
  • I learned last night that there is an online group called 'The Happy Society'
  • an 8-month pregnant woman had more flexability than I did (Fail!) .. kidddingggg, I went after a gym session so it's an automatic WIN!
  • I pulled muscles in two different areas of my legs and found tonight a struggle  
  • I'm pleased with myself :)
  • I think I heart yoga
See below for the description that Shakti gives for Yin Yoga

 


Tonight (Tuesday, June 11th, 2013)
 
So primarily, I had planned to take tonight (Tuesday) off from the gym but as I conclude this post ,I've gotten into quite the gym mood (ask me at 7pm). But no, seriously, there's <7-wks until the Tely 10 and I do not feel anywhere near ready. My running had gotten pretty intense there for a while but recently I haven't been as intense. Time to get at it, yes?  Ahh yess :) I'll do that tonight!
 
Ps. I'm off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I'm hoping to:
 
1. do Signal Hill, Quidi Vidi and Octagon Pond >1 time each
2. clean the fridge
3. have supper with papa
4. bake
5. drink
6. blog
7. read
8. take a gym class
9. come to a conclusion as to if I should weigh myself, take a picture, post a picture and conquer. (yes, I wrote about not caring about the number and whatnot but there is a difference between under and over-weight)
10. Get 8-hrs of sleep / night
11. Shop for Father's Day
 
O happy happy daysss :)
 
What are your plans for the weekend? Any fitnesss goals? Anything fun? Anything at all?
 


1 comment:

  1. Great post, Vic!
    I love that you do yoga! I've tried the so called "yoga" classes at Goodlife but wasn't a fan. And I have also done the trial month at Moksha. I LOVED it, but the cost is just too pricey for me!! Is Shakti very expensive?? I would LOVE to try it out. I've never been so relaxed and motivated as when I would leave Moksha!

    ReplyDelete