Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hangover Sundays + Father's Day


#25 – Goals for Month 6/12
So yesterday I finally got to host my little brunch. There were only a couple of us but it turned out swell. Father’s Day probably isn’t the best day to plan a brunch but I was grateful towards the peeps that did come out. It was also a bad day for a brunch seeing how I had been out Saturday night and woke up slightly intoxicated. 

 I have to send a huge thank you out to my mother for help with brunch. She woke up on her Sunday off to cook me up some spiced potato hash browns! She even dropped them off at the house (I can see you grinning with a big 'humph' as you read this, Trudy). But thank you :)
 

On the menu:
  • Fruit Salad (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, peach)
  • Chicken Breast w. Chipotle spices (I tried to avoid the fatty ham/bacon traditional brunch)
  • Egg & Avocado Wraps (white wraps, avocado mixed with boiled eggs, pesto, mozza cheese, goat cheese)
  • Homemade Granola (Recipe)
  • Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • Mimosas (thanks for the champagne)
  • Budlight

 
After brunch we were extremely lazy so we acted as vegetables on the couch and chatted about this that and the other thing. 'Twas fabulous. Thanks, friends!
 
 
Napping vs. Exercise  

All Saturday I was counting down until Sunday for a big run. Ya..no dice. I was actually so nauseated when I woke up from my post-brunch nap. Actually, I woke up at one point, convinced myself I was feeling a little ‘peckish’, scowered down a MASSIVE handful of granola and then got sick again. So I snoozed off to my second dream. At 5:00pm I mustered up the energy to get my lazy self out of bed and get an Americano. Allan, Heather, Emily and I were blabbing on and on and on that afternoon about out love for Starbucks (Allan headed directly there when he left my house), so I went for an  Ice Americano. D-e-l-i-s-h! Not kidding, my #1 cure for a hangover is an espresso. It’s my favorite kinda high.

When I left Starbucks Val had text with a “Quidi Vidi?” so I literally spun the car around and headed for QV where she and I walked the lake twice. It was so so nice out. Windy as hell but warm. We had a light walk and just chatted about our night and before we knew it, we had walked 7.6-km. It might not have been the run I had been counting on but some exercise beats no exercise! Yay for us! (And I get to shave that off of #22 on my Goals for Month 6/12 list.


Happy Father’s Day
Dad & I last summer at
his shed party <3
After I did QUidi Vidi with Val, I headed to Pouch Cove to seee papa-bear. He was taking a little snooze but got up for gifts!
Clothes & Treats
Every time I head to Pouch Cove I realize how much I miss dear ol’ dad. We have very different schedules but I should be making more of an effort to get down there in the evenings. He’s one of a kind for sure J
Wishing my amazing father a big HFD! Love you to times a million .. (though I know he has zero idea how to navigate through this blog and will never see that HFD). Pff, whatev!
A Little Productivity
I was feeling a lot better when I got home last night. It was about 9:00pm so I didn’t have much time to do anything. I hadn’t made my lunches for the week, the house was a state, I hadn’t done laundry and the list goes on ….
So here’s what I did so I could go to sleep feeling satisfied.
Sparkling =)


Small amt. of Prep:
big fruit salad, whole head of celery,
shaved brussels sprouts, hardboiled eggs
 
Lunch: leftover spiced sweet potatoe,
1.5-cups of fruit salad, 2 hard-boiled
eggs, celery & an apple
 
After doing such little Sunday evening (la-z-y), I drove to Tim Horton's, got my camomile tea and then went home for bed. I lay down, made some lists, added a new recipe to my recipe book, started a new post for this blog and then passed out!
Life is good :)
 
I hope everyone had the best best best weekend!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the fabulous brunch, V!! :) I'm still drooling over those wraps...yum.

    ReplyDelete