Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Herb & Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Goat Cheese

One of my favorite blogs to follow, carrotsncake.com posts a barrel of recipes which are delicious,  filling and for the most part, healthy! One of her favorite dishes is 'Cheesey Garlic and Herb Brussels Sprouts with Chicken Sausage'. I'm trying to limit my dairy and I am not a fan of chicken sausage so I used her recipe and tweaked it to my own standards.



Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
12 Fresh Brussel Sprouts
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp of Mrs. Dash Herb & Garlic Spice
1/8 Clove of Garlic
2 Tbsp Reduced-Fat Goats Cheese (Optional)
 
Directions:
1. Chop/shave brussel sprouts
2. Add fresh mince garlic
3. Dash mixture with spices and salt
4. Stir in olive oil
5. Add to stove top on reduced heat (I use 4)
6. Let mixture sit for 7-10 minutes (occasionally stirring)
7. Serve hot!
 


 

This recipe takes a maximum of 15 minutes to prepare. I added a little goats cheese to mine and it was sooo good! This meal was so refreshing and tastie that I ended up making a second batch for my lunch the following day. (I had primarily anticipated using this for 2-servings but was wayyyy too hungry)
 
Hope you enjoy :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment